^6 Standard Clay White

Has anyone used the Standard 240G white clay with grog? I have found that I prefer throwing with a clay body that has grog, but I am wanting a white clay. Is this one actually white, or more gray in color? Has anyone used this with success and have pictures?

Thanks!

240 is a warm white, just a little creamy. It looks pretty white until you put it up against porcelain, and then you can see the difference clearly. 240 without grog is very smooth, and very prone to S-cracks. The groggy version should be a lot better. 630 is better body IMO, but it's more gray than the 240. It's very forgiving and has good particle size distribution.

It is smooth, but has a very slight feel to it possible the mullite or the fireclay. I don't think it is grogged. I pulls well, and will stretch nicely in forms. I have no cracking, and it hold up to a hard cone 6. 

best,

Pres

2 hours ago, RebeccaGood said:

Does the 630 have any grog in it? Or is it very smooth? Thanks! 

It has mullite/fireclay in it, but no grog. It feels pretty smooth when throwing, but you'll see some texture if you sponge it too much. It's not super smooth and fine grained like 240. It's very forgiving and easy to work with.

Archived