Jump to content

AH, HA!!!


Recommended Posts

 At last I can report some success here with my cantankerous converted kiln. After many alterations and dismal test fires, I can finally say I'm enjoying smooth sailing with even temps right now. Initially, during my test fire today, the bottom level just lagged behind the top level. No matter WHAT I did with the damper. So. , I VERY carefully added more height to my stack during mid-fire, and it worked! 

I know the new addition looks like crap, but I'm so happy right now and looking forward to making the extra height look as pretty as the rest of it! 

:)

16179232700905471342229028138833.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

oh, yes that is a wooden beam. I have cut it away. I do realize that the chimney is kinda close to the ceiling., I keep a fan on it and I monitor it with a infrared heat gun. It does not get hotter than 130*f

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.