Los Angeles area free home-made electric potter's wheel

THIS ITEM HAS FOUND A GOOD HOME :) -thanks for all the interest CA Los Angeles -Van Nuys/ Panorama City area free homemade potter's wheel: 

Works strong, no operation issues -variable speed with hand control: not UL approved or double insulated must be used with GFCI electrical outlet for safety but in 30 years I've never had an issue with it. YOU pick up - no shipping. 

hmwheel.jpg

Edited by YoungHoon
Item has found a home

Thanks Young Lady ;)  I believe I already have a taker for the item. I'm just waiting for contact to pick it up, and I'm including a few other extras.  I understand what you mean about putting a price on something because most of us think if something is free it's not worth anything. Also I've had experience in selling art at a few weekend-in-the-park shows where I'd put garage sale prices on a table of work that I didn't want to bring back home and got little interest so I put some outrageous prices on a few pieces and those sold almost immediately -go figure. 

My experience with perceived value was in the construction business...When I first started as a handyman in 1980 I was charging $10/hr. After about a year, I thought I was was getting too busy and wanted lighten my workload, so I raised my price to $15/hr. I got more work! After about 2 more years, same thing. I raised my price to $25/hr. The workload increased. Then the state of CA was making a push for people to ask for a contractor's license and multiple bids. I spent 6 months going through contractors' license school and got my general contractor's license. At that point, I was charging my regular customers $25/hr and $35 for those who asked for the license. The work kept pouring in. After about 15 years in the business I raised my price to $50/hr. Guess what...I wound up with a 2 year waiting list. YUP...If I gave you an estimate, The start date on a project would be 2 years later. That went on for about 5 years. I was getting tired, and my wife, who had her own cleaning and painting and decorating business thought it would be a good idea to slow things down, so I limited doing estimates, but the size and scope of the work was getting bigger. Ultimately, I got to the point where I was looking at retirement and really slowed things down and stopped taking on big projects. Now I have a few customers who are long term and/or in their 90s that I just do minor repairs for. I told the 90 year olds I would continue with the minor repairs until they die or move out of their homes. Fortunately, their homes are in pretty good shape, so there's very little to repair. I still visit with them on a regular basis because they have become friends over the years and look forward to the company. Hopefully the same thing will happen with the pottery business and I'll have customers still buying from me when I'm in my 80s!:wub: