Looking to buy lot of colorful glazes but I pick the shades?

Hi all, I'm new and new to ceramics. I have been using the  glazes at my ceramics studio but they only have 4 muted colors. I would like to make some wall pieces using very specific colors and was hoping I could pick 10 or so and buy the LOT of some smaller sizes.. Otherwise looks like I'll pay $16 each thru Amazon. Most of the ceramics supplies sites I've seen are also super hard for me to navigate and I couldnt find anywhere in town selling them. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to shop online or if what I am looking for exists?

Also, I believe they fire at cone 5-6. Would I be able to nail in a metal hanger on the back of my piece before its fired or does that impose any risk? I thought metal is safe. Thanks

Edited by artessnoir

I’m so sorry! This one seems to have gotten missed. I’ll give it a bump here. 

You should be able to buy smaller sizes of many different kinds of glazes from many suppliers, and I believe that Laguna operates out of LA. After poking around quickly, it seems like their website is laid out pretty nicely.

If you search by the brand name of the glaze, you might have better success finding exactly what you’re after, and then they can either send you to a nearby supplier, or you can order directly.

Which studio are you working at, and is the tech there being of assistance? Which colours are you looking for, and maybe we can make some suggestions.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, artessnoir said:

Would I be able to nail in a metal hanger on the back of my piece before its fired or does that impose any risk? I thought metal is safe.

Metal hangers and nails for hanging pictures etc won't stand up to the heat of the kiln. You can use Kanthal wire like this to make hangers and fire them into the clay.