2020 end of year wrap up tax wise

Just finishing tax prep for the tax account

and waiting for a few 199s from investments

I still have a few large 4th quarter payments that are owed me from a few stores-and I'm thankful, they count in 2021 income as everything in past January is next years income.

Looks like sales believe it or not where near the same as last year-maybe about 5% lower overall(if I counted the 4th quarter payments owed still I'm up in sales about 10%). Thats with only one show (my xmas private show I do outside in town past 40 years)

All my other shows where cancelled. What saved me was a huge increase in wholesale  especially in the fall a strong consignment gallery that was over the top xmas season wise.
this by far was a buy local movement in the likes that I have never seen here before. (I spoke to some other artists (not clay) and  they all said the same thing.

Since my expenses where down (no show expenses to speak of) the profits where up. Having the one sale felt good as cash comes in where in all my other Venues I get  no cash. I live in a cash area (Humboldt where it all started back in the 70s Ground zero for the green movement ). If you do not know what that means well you will when your state legalizes it. My only drug is coffee by the wayasa it helps make more pots.More pots is really whats it about for me anyway.

Never know until my account crunchs the numbers but I feel i'll have a heavty tax bill to pay. I will get a ongoing large solar electric credit to offset that tax bill to some degree.. My system which  I installed complety set me back  just over 20k. Its large one at 9.6kw output in ideal suntimes.

Now 5 days after hand surgery I get a large wholesale order that I just put on hold for spell telling them its  many months off before i get a funtioning hand again..I have some items in van but that will also have to wait a spell.

What a weird year slow at 1st to big summer tourist season to on fire fall local sales-If you can take any of this take away the part about getting your products out in front of the public where they can buy them-there are many ways to do this (shows are not one at this time ) try the other ways. My orgainis suoer markets came through in a huge way for me during covid. I had no idea that would be the case when I struck that deal 4 years ago.

Archived