clay bags

If you can crochet, cut a bag into 1 long continuous strip, the width will vary depending on what thickness you are comfortable using.  Crochet into a rug, either round and round or back and forth.  I've made plastic bag rugs for years to put outside the tent, in the car to kneel on for a flat tire or picnic and for the back door.

Nancy J

I hesitated to answer your post because my suggestion is not eco friendly.  But, if you know of anyone with kitties who use litter boxes, they can probably use plastic bags for litter/waste disposal. That's what I do with my clay bags and I had a clay instructor who did the same.

Going to duck now as I might get hit with the negative comments and any other items on their desks. 

2 minutes ago, Bam2015 said:

I hesitated to answer your post because my suggestion is not eco friendly.  But, if you know of anyone with kitties who use litter boxes, they can probably use plastic bags for litter/waste disposal. That's what I do with my clay bags and I had a clay instructor who did the same.

Going to duck now as I might get hit with the negative comments and any other items on their desks. 

Nothing wrong with that, it's still serving a second purpose, which means you're reducing plastic usage by 50% in that aspect.

Well thank you Liam, I hadn't thought of it that way. :)  When COVID arrived, my local grocery store switched back to plastic bags and I was sooo excited. They have since switched back to paper. I guess initially during the pandemic they thought that paper was worse than plastic. 

11 minutes ago, Bam2015 said:

Well thank you Liam, I hadn't thought of it that way. :)  When COVID arrived, my local grocery store switched back to plastic bags and I was sooo excited. They have since switched back to paper. I guess initially during the pandemic they thought that paper was worse than plastic. 

Here they have a plastic bag ban, but it's weird because they still have plastic bags, they just have to charge you at least 9 cents per bag, both paper AND plastic.  

New clay bag---> collect clay scaps and slag---> pug and age clay---> throw away.  I usually cut the clay bag to take the really wet clay out for the pug mill, so it's done at that point.  Pretty good to get three uses out of one original.  I'm at least 30 bags ahead at this point, so that's good.

Here I put new bags of clay in old bags, still in new bag, i.e. double bag and seal. This way it doesnt dry out in the high temps. Buy clay enmasse as live remotely, works.

Cut holes in bottoms and line porous garden pots...dry and hot climes.

Archived