Skutt legend wheel does not lock

pattersp

Hi there,

I just got a brand new Skutt Legend wheel. This is the type with the removable splash pan. The wheel came with instructions, and the first instruction says “place the wheel head on the shaft and twist in the opposite direction the wheel will be spinning until the wheel head locks in place (about 1⁄4 turn).”

The instructions say that the wheel is configured by default to spin counter clockwise, and so I tried spinning it 90 degrees clockwise...but it never locks! I can keep spinning it round and round (I’ve tried both directions).

Any ideas? I am planning on calling Skutt tomorrow, but I am so anxious to try out my new wheel tonight so I’m coming to this forum for help...

thank you in advance!

Hi Patters!

Your wheel head isn't engaging the pin?

Are you able to lift the wheel head off? If it's stuck on thar, try plugging the cord in and give it a whirl; if the head lifts off, lookit in the place where the shaft engages the wheel head - underneath - what's going on?

The wheel head has a slot, like the shaft extension depicted below (expertly drawn arrow) - the wheel head should mate up with the taper, and the pin.

Does the motor turn when you turn the wheel head? The belt, pulleys, motor brushes and bearings all sigh and sing (make distinctive sounds).

Be sure to coat the mating surfaces with anti-sieze.

Hope you like your new wheel! Please post back on your progress...

w h.jpg

Archived