Where to buy clay

Hi all. I`m new to this community. I wondered, can anyone tell me good suppliers of Clay/Glaze near Georgia (country in Caucasus region) ? 

Basically, I`m looking Stoneware, cone 5-8 clay. Color of clay is not crucial. I`m just looking clay, which will be quality good and to throw mid/big pots.

Any offer would be nice !

Hi Luka!

If you don't get any response/suggestion, perhaps try contacting ceramic studios in your area and asking where they source supplies.

Am seeing reference to "white Georgia clay" - hence, there may be local mines? ...looks like there's some big production near there, e.g. RAK Ceramics...

Studio in Tbilisi:  https://whitestudio.ge/contact/

Hi Hulk. Thanks for kind response. Of course I know every studio here and have thqt information, but everyone is working on Turkish clay, basically and I'm trying to get some another experience, which is not like all of them. 

That "Georgian white clay" its not even Georgian, they are buying turkish white clay and saying that it's local, because of marketing and all. So, long story short, I'm looking some new experience with clay and paint.

Babs, here are mostly red, terra cota clay, which is not quality good. It needs a lot of affort to make it workable. 

I'm trying to make my own clay from village but I'm not good with chemistry and have no experience to make it work right now...

13 hours ago, Luka said:

Babs, here are mostly red, terra cota clay, which is not quality good. It needs a lot of affort to make it workable. 

I'm trying to make my own clay from village but I'm not good with chemistry and have no experience to make it work right now...

13 hours ago, Luka said:

Babs, here are mostly red, terra cota clay, which is not quality good. It needs a lot of affort to 

Ask questions on this topic. If don't like colour you can apply a white slip to your local red clay and your glazes will brighten.

https://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/topic/15602-glaze-from-local-creek-clay-what-to-add/?do=findComment&comment=119490

Archived