What type of glazes are these?

Thuythanhthanh

• Min changed the title to What type of glazes are these?

What cone do you fire to and what type of firing?

I could get very close to the top pot with. 

1 thick layer layer of ash glaze, 1 thin layer of ash glaze, cone 10, light salt,  and in a LPG kiln.

1 thin layer of ash glaze, cone 10.5, mid to back kiln on the floor, low to no salt, and in my wood kiln.

Searching for spotted pottery glaze might get you some ideas.

5 hours ago, Thuythanhthanh said:

Hi,

I'm beginer in ceramic world. And i want to know how to make glaze same under photo. I tried many time but not sucessfull. Can you help me?

Thanks

D84B9961-C33C-46E8-96A5-C4ACCEA23FF5.jpeg

E90F6FCA-CA7E-4DEC-A66E-86C813952DB1.jpeg

Top one loks like 2 glazes .

Search John Britt pottery he has a combo. which is just like that. Runny iron glaze with a stiff white glaze over the top.

Lower one a crackle glaze so search that

Eye candy. The effect of rubbing India ink on a crackle glaze is very dramatic. See from 1:50 into:

Getting the size of crackle you want may require some experimentation, and the finish is not as durable as a regular glaze (ink washing out, dishwasher-safe, food-safe, waterproof, ..) .

Are you firing anything at the moment? If so what cone/temperature are you firing to? How are you intending to use the pots?

16 hours ago, Dick White said:

Thuy, welcome to the forum. Please tell us what cone/temperature you fire to. Glaze recipes are dependent on the temperature to which they are fired. The upper picture appears to be a layered application of two glazes, and tghe lower picture appears to be a raku glaze.

I fire from 1120-1150 oC

15 hours ago, saltedfire said:

What cone do you fire to and what type of firing?

I could get very close to the top pot with. 

1 thick layer layer of ash glaze, 1 thin layer of ash glaze, cone 10, light salt,  and in a LPG kiln.

1 thin layer of ash glaze, cone 10.5, mid to back kiln on the floor, low to no salt, and in my wood kiln.

Searching for spotted pottery glaze might get you some ideas.

Thank you very much

3 hours ago, PeterH said:

Eye candy. The effect of rubbing India ink on a crackle glaze is very dramatic. See from 1:50 into:

Getting the size of crackle you want may require some experimentation, and the finish is not as durable as a regular glaze (ink washing out, dishwasher-safe, food-safe, waterproof, ..) .

Are you firing anything at the moment? If so what cone/temperature are you firing to? How are you intending to use the pots?

I produce plant pots and i want to make that glaze for may product. I fire them from 1120 - 1150 oC

Archived