Creative Boss 1w907 spins very slow

KDP

Have a Creative Clay Boss model 1w907.   We I turn it on, the wheel starts spinning very slow and will not stop or go faster.  Hardware in the foot pedal is good with the gears, etc.  

Was working fine, but not used for many months.  Stored inside.

Is it possible the potentiometer is bad or is it something else?   Motor seems to be fine.

Please advise!

clay-boss-creative-ind-pottery-wheel_1_9

Thank you.   I opened the control box and everything is connected and tight.  None of the electronics seems normal and nothing looks burnt.   There is nothing in the pedal to make any adjustments.     Do you know where I can purchase a replacement potentiometer that has the same length the arm?

55 minutes ago, KDP said:

Thank you.   I opened the control box and everything is connected and tight.  None of the electronics seems normal and nothing looks burnt.   There is nothing in the pedal to make any adjustments.     Do you know where I can purchase a replacement potentiometer that has the same length the arm?

Try Speedball, as they now make the Clay Boss and Artista wheels. They don't support the old Creative Industries wheels, but they should be able to tell you if their current pedal is the same or not, and sell you the part if it is. The other option is to find that potentiometer online. It's not made specifically for wheels, so if there's a part number on it you may be able to find it with a Google search.

Nice find Fred!

Search string "5k potentiometer slide" might be a start, if that's the problem, then find a match - if the Boss people aren't able to help (my guess would be they can help you).

The adjustments on that control board look typical (min, max, accel, ir, cl) - similar to those on my Minarik board (Skutt uses Minarik control boards); shout if you're looking for info on the import of each adjustment.

Archived