I have a unique situation. I have a full time job and do pottery as a hobby. I recently bought a wheel off of Facebook marketplace for $150. The only words on it are "intelligent ceramic drawing machine" definitely not a high tech wheel and only for beginners. It works great! The only thing is as soon as I press the pedal to bring power to the wheel a very loud beeping sound sounds continuously as long as the wheel is moving. I noticed the wires to the pedal have one that looks like it isn't connected but it makes this sound even when I don't use the pedals and I only use the manual speed buttons on the side of the machine. Does anyone know anything about a wheel making this sound AND HOW TO MAKE IT STOP! It works great except for that. Thanks! 

IMG_20200630_185408_01.jpg

Yikes, I've heard horror stories about those Chinese wheels.  One big problem is you're going to have a hell of a time tracking down any parts or diagrams.

If it works great besides the beeping, just plug the beep hole, I wouldn't look too much deeper into it

I hate to say it but those wheels are pretty terrible. If anything foes wrong, you're pretty much out of luck. You'll have a difficult or impossible time trying to get parts or any sort of help. They're just sending them over from China and offering no support. If it breaks, I highly recommend saving up for an American made wheel.

You have ended up with a poorly made product that has no support.I have warned folks on this forum to avoid these at any cost. Yours cost $150. I'm sorry to say its down the drain. Save up for a wheel as Neil says in above post. 

You say it works great but sounds like thats not the case.

Never seen one in person but I do not need to to say they are junk.

My only suggestion is wear some hearing protection headphones while throwing.

I have seen one in real life.  They're about half the size of a normal wheel and the electronics are a mess.  The one I saw was ungrounded as well, which is a no-go for me considering the wet environment we use them in.  Not even CE listed, let alone UL, CSA or ETL.  Technically illegal to market in the USA, which explains why it is relegated to third party sellers (eBay, amazon, wish, AliExpress).

I hoped upon hope they were any good, but let's face it, a decent brushed DC motor is twice the price of one of these wheels. If you follow the tool standards for price markup these are costing the factory less than 50 dollars to make and ship across the pond.  Woof.

Hard to tell from the pic Savannah - looks like the plate/box the switch is mounted in is welded to the leg; is that a weld? ...hence, steel? Could be the unit is a cut up from the very bottom. Quick search indicates 79 lbs, 250 watt, about $250 US, table top/portable.

54 minutes ago, Hulk said:

Hard to tell from the pic Savannah - looks like the plate/box the switch is mounted in is welded to the leg; is that a weld? ...hence, steel? Could be the unit is a cut up from the very bottom. Quick search indicates 79 lbs, 250 watt, about $250 US, table top/portable.

They do have a steel frame

It bothers me that there's a cut and exposed red wire on that cord in the picture. Is the other end of the wire somewhere you can see? It could be it's just an unused wire, but it speaks to the lack of quality in the build.

4 hours ago, neilestrick said:

It bothers me that there's a cut and exposed red wire on that cord in the picture. Is the other end of the wire somewhere you can see? It could be it's just an unused wire, but it speaks to the lack of quality in the build.

It's the pedal cord.  But she also mentioned that the sound happens with or without the pedal attached.  Seems like a waste of copper to have a third unused wire in there, but these things are all off the shelf parts, so doesn't surprise me.