I recently bought a second hand Brent SR-14 slab roller. It came without any shims.

This might be a silly question, but I haven't used a slab roller requiring shims before...

I usually roll my slabs to 1/4" thickness.  Would I need to purchase the 1/4" shim or the 1/8" shim to get a slab thickness of 1/4"?

Thanks in advance for any knowledge!

As Neil has said, you can make your own. I made some for the SR-14 that I had at the HS. Masonite for one of each thickness, used different thicknesses of masonite to give me 1/4 inch and 3/8" thickness. just measure the top of the box opening and make them just a tad narrower to make easy to get them in and out. Brent drilled about a5/8 hole in one end to make it easier to grab them, at the same time it fit over a dowel in the all easily for nice drying.

best,

Pres

Thank you - That’s really helpful.
I’ve seen that you can purchase new shims online with the canvas attached so I might do that. Just want to make sure I get the right thickness for the slabs I want to roll!