What happened to Great Lakes Clay ?

Does anybody out there have any idea what happened to Great Lakes Clay Co. out of Chicago? Many years ago I bought some glaze from them and just got around to trying it and loved it. Now they seem to be defunct. Their website has a phone number that leads to a medical supply company. I’ve emailed and tried everything I can to reach someone there. If they are no longer in business I would like to purchase the formula for several of their glazes. Any help out there?
Thanks, Michael.

29 minutes ago, michael macone said:

Does anybody out there have any idea what happened to Great Lakes Clay Co. out of Chicago? Many years ago I bought some glaze from them and just got around to trying it and loved it. Now they seem to be defunct. Their website has a phone number that leads to a medical supply company. I’ve emailed and tried everything I can to reach someone there. If they are no longer in business I would like to purchase the formula for several of their glazes. Any help out there?
Thanks, Michael.

They closed in the last year. There were rumors that US Pigment was going to start producing their clay bodies and glaze, but I never heard any more about that. At this point their products are not available anywhere.

2 hours ago, michael macone said:

Thanks, Michael.

I bet you know about this, but I'm sure AMACO or Standard also has glazes similar to what they were selling. I'm not familiar with Great Lakes Clay, but AMACO seems to make every color at this point, I would check out some of their combos and see if there is anything similar. I don't use any of their glazes- I did a while ago to test for a friend, they come out nice and have a more *luxurious* feel than some of the other  pre-made glazes.

https://www.amaco.com/t/glazes-and-underglazes/high-fire/potters-choice#potter-s-choice-layering-279-content

Also check out this-

https://standardceramic.com/collections/glaze

And most importantly, go through glazy, there is bound to be something similar there.

https://glazy.org/search?base_type=460&production=false&photo=false

On 4/16/2020 at 10:05 AM, michael macone said:

Thanks, Michael.

Are you thinking about selling these glazes, or just for your own use?