Kiln Manuacturer Closures Due To Coronavirus

I received notices today from Skutt and Paragon saying they are now closed to due Coronavirus lockdowns required by their states. L&L is remaining open, as they can met the requirements needed to keep their employees separated while working. I have not heard anything from Olympic, and their web site does not say they are closed. The state of Georgia has not issued a lockdown yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon as they have over 700 confirmed cases. Evenheat Kilns is closed due to the Michigan lockdown order.

So if you need kiln parts during the shutdown, for the most part you'll need to find a distributor that's still open and has what you need in inventory.

I spoke with someone at Olympic yesterday (I have a kiln currently in process with them) and they said they are able to work safely and will keep working until told otherwise. HOWEVER if your distributor is closed (like mine is) you won't get your kiln until they reopen and finish the process.

32 minutes ago, EliseR said:

I spoke with someone at Olympic yesterday (I have a kiln currently in process with them) and they said they are able to work safely and will keep working until told otherwise. HOWEVER if your distributor is closed (like mine is) you won't get your kiln until they reopen and finish the process.

Thanks for the update!

One more follow-up to this as I just got a call from Olympic.

My original distributor had cancelled my order because they didn't know when they would be able to re-open. Olympic called to see if I wanted to "convert the sale to a direct sale" so they are honoring all original pricing and will continue to make kilns. I was assured that all workstations there are more than 6 feet apart and everyone is safely working until they are told they must stop. 

One bright spot to my day. I hope everyone out there continues to stay safe!

Archived