Have a question about repairing brick on my older lnl DaVinci kiln.  I have moved this kiln in hast a couple times now.  I have broken a few brick cemented back together now my elements need changed was gonna go ahead and replace bricks.  My question is I have some 3 inch brick and the bricks that need replaced have element holders still intact does any have experience cutting own channels for element holders. Tools or tips?  Also lnl I am pretty sure uses a denser brick then standard k23 would it hold up?  

Thank you,

JPeel

Edited by Alex
33 minutes ago, JohnP said:

Have a question about repairing brick on my older lnl DaVinci kiln.  I have moved this kiln in hast a couple times now.  I have broken a few brick cemented back together now my elements need changed was gonna go ahead and replace bricks.  My question is I have some 3 inch brick and the bricks that need replaced have element holders still intact does any have experience cutting own channels for element holders. Tools or tips?  Also lnl I am pretty sure uses a denser brick then standard k23 would it hold up?  

Thank you,

JPeel

I would just purchase the replacement bricks slotted for the elements and fit for your kiln. Have you checked availability?

L&L has a special router for cutting the element holder slots. You could do it by hand, but it would probably take you hours to cut 3 slots in each brick needed, and like Min said you'd be creating a ton of unhealthy dust. If you have the old gray color element holders and they are warping at all, replace them with the tan/yellow holder they're using now, which last much longer.