I'm liking the hump mold approach because I can basically finish the pot in one go except for adding a rim.  I can attach feet and whatever applied textures.  My thinking is that working with wet clay will give me the best chance for flawless joints.  The problem with hump molds is that the clay shrinks, grabbing the mold more tightly.  The wet clay can't be removed from the mold wet if there is any adhesion to the mold without distorting the pot.  My solution is to cover the mold with plastic wrap from the kitchen.  You know, the super clingy stuff.  It's really thin and doesn't add any texture to the inside of the pot even if there are folds.  2 or 3 pieces will cover the hump mold and then the slab is worked down.  Pot lifts right off wet or leather hard. 

Slump molds are easier to use as you can walk away from them and the clay shrinks away and does not crack-I can see why you like hump molds as you are working on the outside surface more than the inside.

I try to put all texture or whatever on the slump mold and avoid all hump molds -just is easier to to monitor as much after clay is in them.

It depends on what you ae wanting to do witgh inner or outer surfaces