It's probably due to the thickness of each glaze. Try out some tests on test tiles, apply the same glazes to them as you did for the sculpture and fire them. Try reglazing the test tiles with one or two coats of additional glaze to see what effect different thicknesses has. To get the glaze to stick to the already fired pieces it helps to warm up the pieces, you can do this in the oven to about 180F. Glazes might run so put a waster scrap of clay under the pieces to protect your kiln shelves from glaze runs. 

Edited by Min
36 minutes ago, Hulk said:

Glazes may behave distinctly on different clays as well; in my (limited) experience, particularly red clays.

Tis the cross us red clay users bear.  One of these days there will be a glaze book with pictures of actual red clay.  Britt's book has a few examples, but the red clay he used wasn't nearly as red as the clays I use!

Test, test, test!

No that is the picture from the amaco brochure. Showing how the glazes are layered.  The finished product was suppose to be more blue.  My results were muddy. I think the orange glaze was too thick.  Wondering if I put the opalescent glaze on top of it and refire will it look more like the picture?  So layers  would be O over AC over O.