Sign in to follow this  
AnnaVela

Wheel shaking

Hello, my Clay Boss wheel was sitting in the garage for couple of years and I started using it again two days ago. I could center in it etc. It was going smooth. Today it started making clicking sound and then started to shake. It struggles when I start it. But on the higher speed it looks better. Where can I start looking for information on what is wrong with it? I’m not sure I can post a video here, but I’ll try. 

Yes a flat spot in the belt from lack of use-seen that before.You could also get that sound track called whole lotta shaking going on while you are throwing to round out the experience.

Edited by Mark C.

I took off the cover and belt looks great. It seems like something is stuck below the wheel, but I’m not sure how to get there to clean/lubricate. When I’m manually try to turn the wheel I hardly can do it.

AB89008B-2980-490F-9732-788F2B5243A9.jpeg

Edited by AnnaVela

Got it! I now can see that I have to adjust the pulley, because the belt slides down instead of sitting in the middle. I also lubed everything with WD40, and it seems that it was the motor getting stuck. It still doesn’t go as smooth as before, I’ll buy some anti-seize tomorrow and use it. I’ll try to adjust belt tension as well.