i like printer's blankets.   they need to be sponged off after a day of use but it is easy because the fabric is so tightly woven.  they are wonderful and if you have an offset printer nearby they can be free.  you just need to clean off the ink from the rubber side.  mine are about 24 by 30 and  i have used them for years.  still look and act new.

The old original slab mats had no texture on one side. After 15 years or so they got a little brittle. The new ones have a texture that I don't like but are much smoother than anything else. I use them for my large slabs for raku.

Marcia

I bought a slew of slab mats long ago. I called and bought them as seconds and trimmed off the bad parts -they where very reasonable. I use one every week for over a decade and its still in good shape. They areall smooth on one side.My electric slab roller is 30 inch wide and 5 feet long so I got the large ones.I have a stailess rood that they hand from like a towel rod-all my matts hang on that.