De air pug mill venco 3d :Is it normal for oil leaking at first use?

Nguanzzz

I cant speak specifically of that brand, but I know a thing or two about vacuum pumps and they do require constant lubrication so it's normal especially after being shipped around to have some extra oil leak from the exhaust.  It should stop as soon as the oil gets cleared from the pump.

3 minutes ago, liambesaw said:

I cant speak specifically of that brand, but I know a thing or two about vacuum pumps and they do require constant lubrication so it's normal especially after being shipped around to have some extra oil leak from the exhaust.  It should stop as soon as the oil gets cleared from the pump.

Thank you liambesaw.

Is it same as a motor for extra lubricant oil? 

Trying tonfind in the manual but it isnot notice about this point.

In attachments are picture of my pug mill.

now still figure out what should i do next.

thank you 

ED53558A-67D8-4FDC-BCC4-91722970D9DB.jpeg

1BCE5930-B6FB-44C6-8D73-1CF839EC5883.jpeg

96B41F11-D631-4A0F-A96D-17CF90250103.jpeg

81BCDFDA-2944-4A5B-A9F8-3413ACBC3D20.jpeg

1EB87CC3-FA3F-44AE-93A1-8107EAAA2EA0.jpeg

Looks like gearbox oil. And looks excessive in the picture, I would send the company a picture and restate your concerns. I don’t know this machine but the drive in the picture likely is a planetary arrangement which should require lubrication and have a front and rear seal to contain heavy oil or grease. Just a guess but I believe this is quite excessive.

Wherever that oil came from, it ain' there anymore, hence, suggest you don't run it until the seepage has been corrected and the you're sure that the machine is properly lubricated - the reservoir of origin being filled per specification.

...am seeing reference to "sight glass" and oil level (brief search on "venco 3d pugmill); how's your sight glass look?

Just thought I should check this  to confirm my thoughts on the gearbox drive and  ...... since @Hulk mentioned google and Venco (genius!) I highlighted a part of the venco manual that reflects the gearbox oil  drain plug and procedure to drain and fill. Something you could check to make sure they are not loose and also can check the current level.

2883B989-F067-4126-844B-AD1F87C82DA7.jpeg

Good find Bill!

I love gear oil!

...my guess is the Venco gears are straight cut, as hypoid isn't specified; that said, I run semi-synthetic hypoid gear oil on my bike chains, it's the bomb! A bit off-topic here, ahem, mix with odorless mineral spirits ~60/40, apply one small drop per link, allow time for the vehicle to evaporate (next day), wipe down, then ride the quietest, smoothest, sweetest and most economically lubricated chain in the peloton.

Carry on.

11 hours ago, Hulk said:

Good find Bill!

I love gear oil!

...my guess is the Venco gears are straight cut, as hypoid isn't specified; that said, I run semi-synthetic hypoid gear oil on my bike chains, it's the bomb! A bit off-topic here, ahem, mix with odorless mineral spirits ~60/40, apply one small drop per link, allow time for the vehicle to evaporate (next day), wipe down, then ride the quietest, smoothest, sweetest and most economically lubricated chain in the peloton.

Carry on.

Nice!

I am a huge fan of moly or some moly content actually, a proven performer. I like the thin semi synthetic idea.

Hulk proven! Break out of the pack that way.

Aye on the moly! I've a few tubes of Dow Corning 41 grease, which contains "Molykote" - great for lots of things, particularly rubbed into cables where they run in housings, also derailleur spools and pawls, freewheel pawls, pedal bushings...  The dry powder is great for lots of things too, e.g. a puff in lock mechanisms (doesn't gum up the works, nor attract dirt), a tablespoon or so blown into an old cranky transmission (where the tolerances are quite a bit greater than the particle size)...

Archived