Old H13 Paragon Kiln Rewire and Repair.

Garyio

I have an old Paragon H13 Kiln. I cannot find any information about it. I know it is more than 40 years old because my dad had it in the 70s. Maybe the 60s. The wires are old and need replacing. I don't think it is wired correctly. When the switches are set to high it looks like each element will get 120V from each leg of the 220V input. On the low setting it looks like they get wired in series but one side of the lower element switch is not connected to anything.

Can anyone provide a wiring diagram for this kiln?

Someone added a Dawson Kiln Sitter to the kiln but it is missing the cone rests. Can these be purchased somewhere?

Thank you for any help.

Gary

kilnLable.jpg

KilnSitter.jpg

7 hours ago, Garyio said:

I have an old Paragon H13 Kiln. I cannot find any information about it. I know it is more than 40 years old because my dad had it in the 70s. Maybe the 60s. The wires are old and need replacing. I don't think it is wired correctly. When the switches are set to high it looks like each element will get 120V from each leg of the 220V input. On the low setting it looks like they get wired in series but one side of the lower element switch is not connected to anything.

Can anyone provide a wiring diagram for this kiln?

Someone added a Dawson Kiln Sitter to the kiln but it is missing the cone rests. Can these be purchased somewhere?

Thank you for any help.

Gary

kilnLable.jpg

KilnSitter.jpg

Stopped at the paragon site and farthest I could go back is H16 ish. Looks like four way switch heaven and by your description  it sounds like same concept. Paragon probably can hustle you up a diagram. Most seem to find them very responsive.

If you are really stuck post some pictures  so we can see the switches and elements in the pictures. Likely can be figured out from there.

H16 schematic below, not yours but my guess is the design concept was popular then.

D192756F-EFC3-4B21-B603-C1599AD5361F.png

Archived