E26 error on Barlett V6-CF 700 series

Min

I'm doing a cut and paste from the chemistry section for the following question from this thread from @MollyMac. It's a bit chopped up but more relevant in the Equipment Use and Repair section.

MollyMac

I need to renew discussion on this explosion post. I have not fired my kiln in 5 months after the first major explosion. I just did a slow bisque and it was coming down at about 600 degrees then......suddenly the error code E-26!!  I think it's a dead board from my research. My question for THIS thread is - what caused this? Explosion damage? Power Surge? I have a Bartlett V6-CF Series 700 that was new last year and only been used a handful of times so far. 

Bill Kielb

I do not see e-26 in the list of potential error codes for the V6-700 so I am wondering if it could have been another error.  Lastly I thought we went through the virtues of drying and long preheats just to be cautious especially with large sculpture work.

To Bill: 

Yup, I have the manual and it's there. It says either the TC wires are switched (which they are not) OR the board is bad. Oh yes, I have learned hard lessons about sculpture. This slow bisque was a second firing for more underglaze, nothing fancy.  Thankfully, this is still under warranty and I will contact them. It has only been fired about 6 times. One explosion which was totally my impatient fault. I had a feeling about this piece that I didn't pay attention to.  Please don't scold me, I'm new to this and trying. Thankfully I start my class at the art center in a few weeks and will be able to get some additional feedback. 

Thanks, I will have to download the new manual, mine are fairly old. Sorry for the error but I would say the events were unrelated and you just had bad luck with the control. The Bartlett control has been everywhere for many many years and has proven reliable. You likely got a dud. Good that is under warranty.

Archived