Digital scale help

It mathematics. If you need to go down to fractions and be more precise use the one with decimal places (0.00) if not use the one without

1 is the same as 1.00 however the first I assume can only go up in increments of whole numbers like 1, 2, 3, etc so you may have something that weighs 1.95 pounds and yet it will still show up as one pound until it reaches 2 pounds

The second one has decimals so you can have the fractions like 1.5 (one and a half) or 2.75 (two and 3 quarters) and so on

so if you need to go with fractions or be more precise go with the second setting that has decimal points 0.00

Guest JBaymore

Is you scale one that maybe shows weights in either ounces and pounds and also in grams as options?

If so, it is possible when you see the 0 it is in pounds and ounces mode and when you see 0.00 it is in grams mode. Some scales are like that.

Look at the docs on the scale. And look and see if a little tiny pointer might also show up next to a Pounds or Grams word when you cylce through some of the settings.

best,

.................john

• 3 weeks later...

I like to use a scale that gives me at least the same degree of accuracy as glaze recipes(0.00). Most glazes that I've seen give 3 points of accuracy; if you're making 100kg then 22.5kg, or 14.2kg, for instance. If you are mixing 10kg this would change to 2.25kg and 1.42kg. But if you drop to 1000g it would be 225g and 142g. So, you want your scale to have a degree of accuracy relative to the amount you are mixing. My large platform scale measures to the 1/10kg (10g), while my triple beam measures to the 1/10g (10mg). The platform is for mixing production batches, the triple beam is for test batches.

Archived