Ceramic wheel on the second floor

If your floor sags and wobbles when you walk around on it, then the wheel will wobble when someone else walks by. If your floor is steady when you walk, then the wheel will be fine too. The motor of some wheels has a bit of hum when it runs, and the wood floor may act like a sounding board and the noise will be louder than if on a non-resonant surface.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, Dick White said:

If your floor sags and wobbles when you walk around on it, then the wheel will wobble when someone else walks by. If your floor is steady when you walk, then the wheel will be fine too. The motor of some wheels has a bit of hum when it runs, and the wood floor may act like a sounding board and the noise will be louder than if on a non-resonant surface.

The floor seems steady so I don’t think this’ll be a problem.

On 5/30/2019 at 2:45 PM, neilestrick said:

Wheels weigh less than most adults, so the weight is not a problem. You may get a slight hum, but you could put carpet pads or something like that under the feet to isolate the vibrations.

Thank you both for the advice! I’ll definitely try this. You’ve given me some ammo to convince my boyfriend :)

Archived