Deleting Posts

curt

Is the complete deletion of individual posts in a thread now allowed on these forums?  (Not talking about editing an existing post).

If there is a policy on deletion could someone please direct me to it?

We moderators have a field in the upper right where a check mark may be placed then a series of moderator options on that individual post. This is an option left up moderators and admin. as posts that disappear from a strand often do not leave the strand coherent. So it is with very careful consideration that even a moderator or Admin. will delete an individual post. Often there are reasons for deleting such a post ie, Terms of Usage, other abuses of the forum, etc. There are also time when I as a moderator have gone in and done some simple edits to a strand/post, such as spelling corrections, clarifying terminology, or even moving a post to another strand. I have also corrected titles for strands when the title was not clear. 

If there is a particular post that you are interested in deleting, then notify a moderator and making certain that they know exactly which post you want deleted. Then we as mods can discuss, evaluate and decide whether removal of the post will disrupt the strand.

best,

Pres 

Really good to know that an actual deletion can be considered ! Thanks.  I am more thoughtful about what I want to post and how I should best say it than I used to be, so I will no longer be guilty of going into Edit, wiping out all the text, and just leaving a blank space (sorry 'bout that  :lol::lol: ).

Archived