Sign in to follow this  
Greenman67

Paragon A82B 3

I cannot thank you all enough.  The kiln is working normally now. I took the sitter apart to clean the contacts and there was a dust bunny the size of Godzilla between the contacts on the left side. Canned air, a bit of sandpaper, and a good cleaning with alcohol made everything right as rain. I owe y'all  a beer or two if we ever meet and I hope this thread is helpful to others with similar issues. 

rps20190330_161558.jpg

24 minutes ago, Bill Kielb said:

Good catch Neil!

Thanks! I've only ever had to clean the contacts on a sitter twice in 15 years of kiln repairs, so it's not something I immediately think about. I though for sure it was going to be a problem with one of the hot legs. That was a good catch, too. I often forget about these 4 wire kiln setups.

31 minutes ago, Greenman67 said:

I cannot thank you all enough.  The kiln is working normally now. I took the sitter apart to clean the contacts and there was a dust bunny the size of Godzilla between the contacts on the left side. Canned air, a bit of sandpaper, and a good cleaning with alcohol made everything right as rain. I owe y'all  a beer or two if we ever meet and I hope this thread is helpful to others with similar issues. 

rps20190330_161558.jpg

HOORAY!