Important Ceramic Artists Who Should Be Known

Marcia:

Speaking of crystalline glaze- I read a thesis paper on crystalline glaze written by a student at SIU-C in 1973. As a historical perspective: 1973 was 25 years before any formal books on crystalline glaze was published ( Macro Crystalline Glaze by Peter Isley) I have read it several times: the insights and theorem are well within the boundaries of modern crystalline chemistry. The author of this thesis paper was YOU.

T

• 1 year later...
On 9/30/2019 at 7:57 PM, glazenerd said:

Marcia:

Speaking of crystalline glaze- I read a thesis paper on crystalline glaze written by a student at SIU-C in 1973. As a historical perspective: 1973 was 25 years before any formal books on crystalline glaze was published ( Macro Crystalline Glaze by Peter Isley) I have read it several times: the insights and theorem are well within the boundaries of modern crystalline chemistry. The author of this thesis paper was YOU.

T

written on a typewriter.!

Marcia

• 6 months later...

Thank you Akils

...also from the Times:

The Price of This Artist’s Work? A Conversation About the Horrors of War - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

also

Ehren Tool | Studio Potter

Edited by Hulk
oops, sorry - NYTimes does allow limited access for non-subcribers, used to be ten articles per month ...may be five now

I enjoy the delightful O'keefe reminiscent forms of Martha Grover.

https://www.marthagrover.com/

Even though these are not a style far from my own, I can relate to them, and find them quite pleasing. I have seen Martha demonstrate a few times at conferences and she always amazes me with her use of the wheel, un bottomed forms that she reshapes and adds bottoms to, and the control of the porcelain. These attributes are only enhanced by her subtle use of accent color.

best,

Pres

• 1 month later...