Beginers guide to Glazing...which book ?

MichaelS

Looking for a good "idiot guide" for glaze.........Dont want a list of glazes, well, I do but I want to understand what is happening and what does what.....I want it to be a ref I can just grab and find info when I am in the creative groove.

There is a lot of info on the web ,,,so if you can point me at a good site that explains things, that would be useful as well.

Two books which have good explanations of glaze chemistry and focus on ^6 electric are:

Mastering Cone 6 glazes by John Hesselberth (also of Frog Pond Pottery and Glaze master) and Ron Roy

I also like Michael Bailey's Cone Six Glazes and he also gives good chemical reasoning for what goes on in a glaze.

For High Temperature I really enjoy John Britt's High Fire Stoneware Glazes.

The websites mentioned in the previous posts are also good.

Marcia

sorry about the double posts. I am having the oops messages again.

Two books which have good explanations of glaze chemistry and focus on ^6 electric are:

Mastering Cone 6 glazes by John Hesselberth (also of Frog Pond Pottery and Glaze master) and Ron Roy

I also like Michael Bailey's Cone Six Glazes and he also gives good chemical reasoning for what goes on in a glaze.

Marcia

sorry about the double posts. I am having the oops messages again.

Marcia

Dear All,

I agree with the Ron Roy book but also there is one that Robin Hopper did I think (and I have it) called the Glaze Spectrum. It is a useful book for all aspects of glazing.

Nelly

Archived