Help identify this wheel...

JuliaK

I was given this wheel. It works, though the high speed seems a little slow, but very strong. It’s got to weigh 100+ pounds. The switch cover says Westinghouse but there is no other markings on it anywhere. I believe it came from a high school (in the 70’s? )

9FD120DC-DB88-40DF-ACE0-16F67AA315B5.jpeg

E12584AC-5DD1-4D14-B32E-3F385ED12300.jpeg

The switch cover almost certainly describes just that part.

Cool old wheel! There are several models that have similar bucket recess, however, I've no luck finding anything that looks just like yours. ...had some fun looking though! Kingspin, Crusader, Glyde Torc, Tiger Brute, Volks...

Yes! Just 2 speeds and there’s a lever on the right side to switch, though it feels like the bottom of the lever broke off. It couldn’t have been too much longer but it feels jagged on the bottom. 

What can you tell me about it? What’s supposed to go in the holes on the top?

BB3FCC28-EC7D-4ECA-A32A-66EA41A03F04.jpeg

Here is a similar wheel on ebay 

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=191006301866&t=0&tid=10&category=28124&seller=technologysurplusdepot&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=0&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.ph&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

the one my class has is a little newer as they added a seat and lost the motor surround. Ours does not have any empty screw holes to add anything but i'm going to assume there were likely  different models you could buy with different attachments that might fit the holes.

Archived