QotW: What do your hands look like?

• Pres pinned and featured this topic

Speaking of hands, has anyone else here ever had to be fingerprinted? I had to give fingerprints when I was hired to teach at a community center. The person doing it had a terrible time getting prints from my worn down fingertips. I have a potter friend who has a high security job. Her company is trying to install electronic fingerprint readers in their office, and she’s having a tough time using them.

Just think of the crimes we potters could get away with. 

Yeah, for the hands, I have most look like a lot less for wear than mine. As to the fingerprinting, I found that out a long time ago when I had to get printed for something. Couldn't get them, seemed there were two reasons, now swirls and did not seem to hold the ink well! Wonder why?

At any rate folks, lets see those hands!

best,

Pres

I have child-sized hands with proportions like Lee's in the sense of a square palm and not very long (okay, in my case short) fingers.

I have been finger-printed many times because I have worked for both the federal government and the city and have worked in public schools, all of which require them. I am very difficult to finger print. In fact I think I have always had to go back a second time after they decide the prints are not good enough.

I love looking at the photos of hands,  I have no photos of my hands.    They are what people call man hands,  they are a inch longer than my husbands.  He had to get his class ring sized smaller after we got engaged so he could wear it.    I have to buy men's gloves and shoes in the winter.  They aren't too gnarly yet considering my age but they do have tiny wrinkles all over them.   Denice

50+  years of working in clay.Just back from Italy and a wood firing at La meridiana, installed an installation and exhibited our work in Faenza plus presented talks at the Carlos Zuali museum. I find the clay in Italy to work like a softener. My hands don't usually look this good when working in porcelain.

mypalms.jpg

mybackofhands.jpg

Well, my fingers have always been too short to be called graceful. My nails are soft and don’t really grow long anyways. So I am glad they are strong, skilled hands. 

(Also, given the weird things I had to do to take this shot, how did everyone with both hands in the shot get theirs?)

857B47AB-8EF4-4325-B978-116D70E76EE4.jpeg

2 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Well, my fingers have always been too short to be called graceful. My nails are soft and don’t really grow long anyways. So I am glad they are strong, skilled hands. 

(Also, given the weird things I had to do to take this shot, how did everyone with both hands in the shot get theirs?)

@ Callie Beller Diesel: Camera with a timer on it, balanced on the back of my work table. 

10 hours ago, Callie Beller Diesel said:

Also, given the weird things I had to do to take this shot, how did everyone with both hands in the shot get theirs?

In the photo of my hands, you can see in the lower right corner, the coffee grinder that my iPad was perched atop. 

On 7/3/2018 at 2:38 PM, GEP said:

Speaking of hands, has anyone else here ever had to be fingerprinted? I had to give fingerprints when I was hired to teach at a community center. The person doing it had a terrible time getting prints from my worn down fingertips. I have a potter friend who has a high security job. Her company is trying to install electronic fingerprint readers in their office, and she’s having a tough time using them.

Just think of the crimes we potters could get away with. 

I just had to get fingerprinted and they had a tough time getting prints! I’ve been fingerprinted before and that never happened. I’ve been throwing a lot more this year!

nancy