I’m still here and potting around

I know I haven’t been on the forum much the last few months and I’m  sorry it’s taken me so long to do this...

Thank you  all for all your support and condolences it meant oh so very much to me. Those words don’t come anywhere near saying what everyone on the forum means to me.

I’m  figuring things out day by day. I have had to get a second job since at the moment I’m only making half what I need to live on with pottery. My 10 year plan got hijacked in year 5 and now I figure it’s going to take a little bit longer to get to where I need to be to support myself solely with pottery.  I still plan to get there and am now looking at 8 years from now so have added 3 years to the original plan.

I am still the Pottery Director at the Art Center here in town, I love this job and hope to continue doing it for as long as I can. I have found teaching classes is something I really enjoy. I’ve made some changes to the program to try and garner additional students which I’ll discuss another time. I’m also still offering private lessons, doing local festivals as well as online sales and galleries. I set up a spreadsheet and all in all I have 12 avenues of income each month... now I just have to work at increasing the amount of revenue from each one. My other job is room inspector at a local hotel... finally a job made to satisfy my need for perfection. Lol 

I’ve been mostly fulfilling custom orders the past few months but have also started creating other things including pieces to sell at festivals as well as online.  I’ve also been doing more coil pieces, the steady slower pace to create these pieces seems to satisfy something in me right now, not sure how long I will focus on this but it’s working for me at the moment. I’ll try and remember to take some pictures to show you all.

Well I’m off to the studio to create some stuff since I have a festival next weekend. Hopefully I’ll be able to stop by here more often.

T

Pugaboo, Certain you have heard lots of words of wisdom about the roads of life, so I won't go there. Hang in there, I am sure that things will work out well for you, and remember that the forum will be here for your "potter side".

best,

Pres

Archived