What’s on your workbench?

Been making yunomi around the clock. I have been testing a lot of clay mixes and additions and I have some big plans for my standard white glaze work. Also been making some new marks on my work that I haven't usually made and I plan to leave the areas rawish of clay. Hopefully, once I can get what is in my head down on the pot it will be as beautiful as I imagine it. I could literally make yunomi and nothing else for the rest of my life. They are the absolute perfection of a pot.

I've been busy filming and editing YouTube videos.  Need to get back on the mugs and bowls wagon though, so will get back to normal making soon.  

I also need to finish my website and get things moving on the business end, I just only have so much time in the day, someone clone me please!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRyK3g9rImtTJfaI5iGAP4w

7 hours ago, liambesaw said:

I've been busy filming and editing YouTube videos.

And they are lookin' good! Nice and simple, no jarring  distractions, conveys the info just as it should! Hope building the webite is at least a little bit fun--I loved doing mine even though I have neglected it lately. 

18 minutes ago, LeeU said:

And they are lookin' good! Nice and simple, no jarring  distractions, conveys the info just as it should! Hope building the webite is at least a little bit fun--I loved doing mine even though I have neglected it lately. 

Thanks!  Unfortunately they do have jarring distractions because whenever I sit down to film, my neighbors who are NEVER out, decide to do their yard work.  But it's been great kind of chronicling my journey since the start of the year, and it's a lot of fun too.

As far as the website goes, well I am not that into computers anymore so it's hard for me to sit down and concentrate on one, but I'll get through that eventually 

On 6/6/2019 at 7:41 PM, oldlady said:

and the bumpy salt effect is still there

I lost some of the orange peel, what did go was the gray colour. (wasn't a nice gray, more of an insipid dead fish colour in parts) Like they say re-fires are a crap shoot but nothing to loose with these as I had to fix the blemishes inside. 

Well, I'm out of clay... So I'm going to get some tomorrow!  A half ton this time, my tahoe is rated for 1480lbs of weight, and that explains why my February order felt so wrong driving home haha. Trying out some different porcelains and then getting mostly my red stoneware.

I need to do a few firings this weekend so I'm going to go ahead and load and bisque tonight, 30 mugs, 8 dinner plates, 8 small plates, bunch of condiment dishes, spoon rests, vases, etc.  It's gonna be a full load.  

I also have a few videos I need to record this weekend. Going to do a teapot video and I think some citrus juicers.  Haven't sketched the juicers out yet but should have time tonight for that.

I am finally ready to make the top section of my arched mural/grill.  As soon as I get finished with it I am going to start making the antique glass bottle bottoms to set into the mural.   I need to make some more molds and then I will be ready to start firing.   I looked around on the internet to see if I could buy some glass similar to my antique glass bottoms.  I found some by a glass artist and they were 50 to 100 dollars each,  I need 80.  I can't afford to spend that much money and I was bummed out that it wasn't a original idea.   So I have done a dozen test to get my firing  glass firing schedule perfect.     Denice

Getting ready for my exhibition as one of 3 signature artists for our local Art Center Fundraiser; Art in the Beartooths. I have been firing and doing a few re-firings. Making interesting discoveries , at least for me regarding slight differences in temperature for soluble salts.

bluesolsalsm.jpg

1 hour ago, Pres said:

Wow Marcia. good to see you posting. The piece is phenomenal! Surface depth and color, contrast and transparency all so subtle and yet defining the orb form so well.

best,

Thanks Pres. This one was fired 3 times at 3 different temperature . I am using soluble salts in low temperatures. 

Marcia

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Pres said:

Working on a bird bath 18" diameter, a long loaf paten for double chalice set, and first four of a series of  floor vases for Christmas. Pictures to follow.

best,

Pres

Busy guy! I thought you were retired :lol:

I just went through 150 lbs of porcelain trying to find one that I can throw with.  I found one that I think I like, but need to see how it does firing.  I made a bunch of bowls, bottles and flower pots with it.

I need to make a lamp for my mom, and I need to get back to bowls, plates and mugs soon.  This week I am going to do a lot of work, hopefully get a bisque and 3 glaze firings in this weekend.  

I contacted a new farmers market in my town and I have a list of things I need to borrow or buy in order to do the market.  A square reader, a canopy, business cards and a sign at the very minimum for this one, and hopefully will start to be able to build up enough show things to sign up for a few holiday shows.  Fingers crossed anyway.

Yeah, I am retired, but what does that have to do with the love of making pots?? At any rate, I am also painting a bathroom, as my wife decided we needed a color change with the new shower in the downstairs bath. The old one was thin plastic liner that I poked a hole in the corner when caulking. New stall looks so much better.

Getting started next week on mugs and honey jars, as the order should be coming in before too long. Need to buy more clay soon as the last of the boxes is nearly gone. Think it will still be the hazelnut and the SC630.

Working on a kiln load -bowls mugs and glasses so far. Been doing remodel work mixed in . Helping my sheet rock finisher and getting ready for new windows and the flooring guy on the 15th. Moved out of bedroom June 1st-sheet rock mud will be done on Friday -then painting before wide plank maple hardwood floors