Qotw: Participants Question Pool For Future Qotw's

• 5 months later...

@GEP wrote, in a post within this thread, "Basing your prices on the amount of time spent on your decorating techniques is not a valid method. This doesn’t have any correlation with market value and sellability." I found this to be a very wise comment and something that aligns with my findings.

So bouncing off this, my suggestion for a QoTW would be: What adds monetary value to the price of a pot for those of us who sell our work?

• 3 weeks later...

We’re currently on what the last big show we’ve been to was. This makes me wonder a related question, and the more I think about it, the more I want to hear what people have to say:

What ceramic event or destination do you consider a must see? I’m thinking of pilgrimages or a bucket list items. I have a small list, of places I think would be a blast, inspirational, and educational.

The Old Church Pottery sale is one. NCECA (4th time) is a must. Archie Bray maybe. A general and nebulous trip through North Carolina looking at potters, ceramic history, and raw clay. Starworks operation. 

Pres, not sure if this topic has been discussed previously, but wondering, are folks more critical of their own work than they are of others? I am not happy with minor imperfections in my work that I probably wouldn't notice in the work of others. 

Betty