Sign in to follow this  
KevinW

Make glaze drip in purpose

I remembered that an article in Ceramics Monthly was talking about an artist making glaze drip in purpose by putting thick drip of glaze directly on kiln shelf. Anyone know which issue of ceramics monthly was that in? I searched back to 2008 but I couldn't find it, so I am going to go over each month again just to make sure I didn't miss it. If you know which one it is in, please let me know.

Thanks!

Guest The Unknown Craftsman

I have a vague memory of that article I think. Was it designed to make "kiln jewels" or "glaze jewels", that you could then apply to your work later on?

If that is the article you are looking for, I might be able to help you find it. Or maybe I am thinking of a different article...

Guest The Unknown Craftsman

It's a good thing you found it , Ameriswede, I thought that it was an article in the magazine, and not CAD. I was going to start looking through my back issues of CM.

Thanks! That's what I am looking for. I kept searching through my CM collection and no wonder I couldn't find it.

I fired couple pieces with glazes on the outside and hold it upside down using kiln post, one of the piece must have glazed too thick and I end up having couple glaze beads dripped on the shelf, but those glaze beads just look too pretty.

Thanks again!