What pottery related gift are you hoping for this Holiday Season? | Nov. 28, 2011

Guest JBaymore

'Commercially made ball/jar mill drive rack. My home-made one is tired and shot.'

Hey John could you use, or make something like this Shimpo attachment?:

https://www.ceramics...-mill-rack.aspx

Thanks for the idea but I knew about that item already.

I mill a lot of local materials (granite, a coarse silt, sand, gravel) .... and that Shimpo (use your wheel for double duty" thing is really not "heavy duty" enough for my use. It is more of an occasional light use concept, I think. And I can't tie up the wheel when I am milling...... because often I am milling non-stop for long persiods. Plus it will add wear and tear" on the wheel.....which was not designed for that kind of use.

I've got my supplier working on it right now on a custom build.

best,

.............john

I would like to see the posts here set up like a hypercard stack-interrelational. I don't know how many times I have seen a glaze recipe posted in one area where it is totally lost to the future. Hmm could something be done about this? I have already seen comments by buckeye on posting tabbed posts just for glazes-Then when someone posts a glaze, refer to it in the text so that the glazes are all in one spot. Just . . . a . . . thought.

Archived