Hello my friends, I am so sorry I let you wait for this weeks' QOTW: I was very busy, lying in hospitals here in Italy, waiting for the verdict about my (unintended) free fall from a 1.30 meter stone wall a few days ago. Broken ankle joint, bad looking fracture. Hmmmm... what an adventurous end to this year. I have to go back to Switzerland tomorrow (hubby drives, don't worry :D ). Surgery mid next week.

So please let me just say Merry Christmas to all of you and let's make a QOTW break till the new year.

Thank you all so much for staying with me here on the forum and contributing to the QOTW, and thank you for being YOU. Love and lots of hugs and all he very best for the New Year!

Evelyne

Guest JBaymore

Oh WOW!  So sorry to hear this, Evelyne.

Here's to a skillful surgeon and a speedy recovery.

Merry Christmas does not seem right ion this context........ but..... Merry Christmas.  And here's to a better beginning of 2017 tha nthe ending of 2016.

best,

.................john

Heal fast, sorry I got your Christmas was messed up, I was diagnosed with pneumonia two days before Christmas a couple of years ago.  The house was decorated and the food had been bought.  My doctor made be do bed rest for two weeks.    Denice

So sorry to hear you got hurt and I hope all heals quickly and well. No more acrobatics for you! Keep your feet in the ground and in the studio which is safer than what you were doing. I really enjoy your questions of the week and look forward to seeing next years allotment.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

T

Evelyne, Take care, and be vigilant in your recovery. Take the time you need to heal up. I hope that the rest of you holiday season is more restful and festive(even though that is a contradiction of terms).

The forum will take care of itself, as you will of yourself.

Merry Christmas!

best,

Pres

Wishing you a full recovery Evelyne, and I second the suggestion that Paul had to use your "down time" to explore and jot down ideas, and just rest in general. Our bodies need it, and from reading the forums here, clay artists tend to be very active individuals (i.e. You up on a wall !!) and it is going to be hard for you to rest as the doctors will tell you to, but don't push yourself. You have the love and support of this amazing clay community, and I, too, wish you a speedy and full recovery.

I'm not even gonna mention Humpty Dumpty, nope, not me. Apparently, his horses and Kingsmen weren't surgeons, much less orthopedic surgeons, so no one could put Humpty Dumpty back together again, after he fell off his wall... Or was it your wall? Hmmmm. I hate it when questions create other questions!!! Just thought I'd let you know that after hearing you fell offn a wall, Humpty Dumpty didn't even enter my mind! Nope!

Read a lot! Load up on your favorite pottery DVDs. Make notes! Sketch. Get ideas and get better soon!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived