Sign in to follow this  
fierybeards

Glaze Chemistry Class

Hello all, 

I'm looking for an online glaze chemistry class.  We have been using recipes from around the web, but would like to better understand what's happening and make desired tweaks. Do you know of any good sources?

Alternatively, do you recommend any resources that present this information in laymen's terms?

Matt Katz offers some free and some for pay on-line classes, both through his own site and via Alfred University.

http://www.ceramicmaterialsworkshop.com/

Years ago I took a good workshop with John Hesselbert (co author of Mastering Cone 6 Glazes) that was good; have also taken John Britt's workshops and found he had the ability to bring glaze chemistry to the lay potter.

Hello all, 

I'm looking for an online glaze chemistry class.  We have been using recipes from around the web, but would like to better understand what's happening and make desired tweaks. Do you know of any good sources?

Alternatively, do you recommend any resources that present this information in laymen's terms?

Take a look at www.matrix2000.co.nz a very good glaze course on line with help from the instructor for every lesson.

David

I responded to a similar topic recently:

see post 14 on this topic:
http://community.ceramicartsdaily.org/topic/15342-glaze-behaviour-why/

I have not seen an on-line course or a on-line video that beats a good book for reliable backgound on the subject. 

Videos are useful if you have the background.

LT