Sign in to follow this  
kev

Cress Kiln Options

I have an opportunity to buy a Cress B27 HT for $850 that has been use very little or a Cress B23 for $500 that has never even been plugged in to the wall, it is eight years old. The lady that has/had them passed away before she could use it. My question is, is there any difference in the firing success between these two? Or something i should be aware of ? Any advise is greatly appreciated. I will mostly fire to cone 04 with it, occasionally glaze to cone 6. Thanks.

Looking up these cress #s on the Cress site says the 27 is a lot larger than the 23 (I think your missing a few letters ofter the 23?)

The 27 has a cone sitter and a timer-the B23  would have one as well but it a bit smaller kiln. Both kilns are rated for max of cone 6

Its just what size do you want in a kiln.

the larger kiln is 48 amps so you need a #6 wire and a 60 amp breaker

the 23 is 24amps so maybe a #8 wire and 40 amps

power supply is also a factor.

the 23 is a small little kiln

I should add that I never owned a Cress kiln I just looked them up at the Cress site.

Both these are Manuel none non computer kilns they both appear to have cone sitters and safety shut off timers

I would= get the one which fits your size meaning what your firing needs are and your electrical setup you have for a KILN.