High Tech Scale, Share The Laugh With Me

oldlady

have used my old Ohaus triple beam scale since the stone age.  found all kinds of wonderful new stock at the local walmart last week as they get ready for holiday sales.  one item that i was excited to buy was a flat battery operated scale that works with pounds and ounces or grams.  only $15, it is pretty and it weighs up to 11 pounds!!  my scale is great but i hate that i have to stop at 2610 grams.

tried it out today setting it for grams and wanted to weigh out 3000 grams of a base glaze i made recently.  i wanted to add 4 % color to the base so i needed to know how much to add.   that is when i discovered the funny thing.  the readout of the new scale is located under the weighed ingredients so it cannot be read. sigh..............................

apparently i need to make a flowerpot shape with a small enough bottom so i can read the numbers.

it is going back to the store. 

This one has worked very well for me

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NE0FU2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using these scales save a huge amount of time over a triple beam.

I also have the digital Ohaus that max out at 5,000 grams

Thanks for this! I, too, tried the little, flat, battery-powered, $15 scale but it was really not suited to serious glaze making. I like the looks and price (even with the addition of an adapter) of this one!

MarkC, have you found a need to recalibrate this scale often?

Archived