Tile Rack For Raku

wonderful!  have seen that heron on the riverbank.  love it.  and the tile rack.  what is the height of the triangular supports?  this is for your huge tiles and will still allow smaller ones, good design.  next we need a video.

Marcia, Your work is gorgeous, as always.

The rack looks like a great tool for pulling several pieces at once from the raku fire.

How long have you used a rack like this?

I have two. I fired them for the first time yesterday. I have a 1/2 inch rod with a hook to pick them up. Fully loaded they are a little heavy. I had small to big tiles 6 x 6 to 10 x 11.

Benzine,

why do you ask? I fired them twice and did large slabs for the other firing. They have very heavy welded joints. 

I hope they last longer than three firings. I'll ask Joe . He designed a basket for lifting groups of pots out at once.

He teaches welding among other things. Met him at my workshop in Las Cruces where he brought his basket and kiln..

His has lasted quite a while and did more than three firings during the workshop.

Marcia

Sorry Marcia, I just misread your initial post.  You said you only last for three firings.  I thought you said the basket did.  My mistake.

That is an excellent set up.  Do you lift the whole basket out with your super duper oven mitts, or just single tiles at a time?

Archived