Haunted Brent Wheel

MatthewV

I have two new Brent wheels (C, CXC) and was loaned an older, used Brent C. The older wheel has the switch and no reversing option. This older wheel runs fine when alone. However, it has a problem. It starts to rotate slowly when either of the new Brent wheels are going full speed. Sometimes it just jogs a little and sometimes it keeps steadily rotating. (nothing unusual happens until full speed)

I tried moving the wheels to be on different electrical circuits; no change.

I tried moving the older wheel 10 ft away; no change.

I tried putting everything up off the concrete floor; no change.

I haven't filed a patent for this wireless control system or removing the problem with witchcraft yet...

Any ideas?

I have 5 older Brent wheels-(never had a reversing switch on a Brent Wheel)

I have never had this issue on any of them and three on on the same circuit-2 on another circuit .

My usual answer for creeping is in the foot pedal adjustment of potentiometer  under bottom plate in pedal.

If this does not help I recommend a se·ance

I suspect it has to do with voltage drops on the line. Are they plugged into the same electric circuit? I have one that although stopped, with its switch on will ######## a bit if I turn on an electric heater plugged into the same receptacle.

When the wheel was on a different circuit, the problem still happened.

There is no issue when the wheel is off or unplugged.

The problem is worse when the wheel is physically close to the other Brent wheels. It continuously spins when near the full-speed wheel and just once lurch when ~10ft away.

I wonder if the grounding connection of something go off.

I suspect it has to do with voltage drops on the line. Are they plugged into the same electric circuit? I have one that although stopped, with its switch on will ######## a bit if I turn on an electric heater plugged into the same receptacle.

...ditto this. I have a Pacific and an older Brent C. If they are both switched on and I am working on the Pacifica the Brent will 'ghost'...not to worry.

Just creepy :blink:

Archived