Almost There

Finally, all moved in the new house.. Got the basement ready or at least able to start making pots again.. I never thought it would take this long..I did start a new job in the mean time, i really like it and i get more time off and make more $$$$ woot woot... Had to update our electric service and run proper electric to the kiln..Built a 12X16 covered deck in the back with a nice sized fire pit where we can do some wood/raku firings... Had to make a few minor repairs to the homestead then of course get past the holidays... We now have a pretty good start on a place where we can be happy and make different styles of pottery..

Started throwing pots last week and like they say, its like riding a bike... One thing i noticed is that i am finding my balance.. Im not in a hurry to make a certain number of pots or to make the perfect pot.. I still stay with the normal "rules" so to speak but if something is a tad off here or there it dont bother me as much and i just go with it... I am finding a controlled looseness that i really enjoy... I can throw 20 of the same form and have the same dimensions yet no two are the same..Reminds me of Impressionism in paintings... 

Welcome back to your clay journey. May it be joyful and full of discovery.

Personally,  I've always had trouble with the bicycle thing.  Even after a few days of not throwing, I feel off when I start up again.  And, coming back to it after 30 years, I felt (and threw) like a beginner.  Guess I'm slow.

Archived