Who Is Attending Nceca This Year? (Spring 2016)

curt

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those still out in KC

You have to go visit the Phillips Hotel. Go out the front doors of the Marriott and go left down 12th street for 1/2 of a block. The lobby is Renaissance Architecture at its finest. The second floor dining room is Victorian at its finest!!  The craftsmanship is a work of art..

Nerd

Guest JBaymore

The NCECA mental overload has begun.  Some great work to see and programs to attend.  Potters Council show looks great, and the member's reception was once again a very nice touch (thanks ACerS.)

best,

...............john

Guest JBaymore

Opening Ceremony (They are expecting to break 7000 people!)

gallery_1543_1159_74182.jpg

View to my right....... I'm in the center of the hall........ thre is a matching crowd to my left (and more in the back of the room):

gallery_1543_1159_136823.jpg

This is for Marcia, Chris Campbell and Pres:

Please go to the PC booth during this day (from, say 10 a.m. I will leave copies for you there how to save bucks with every fill up....

Confused? Go get your copy. Alabama sent them to me to hand them out to you. I'll give the copies to Adriane at the booth because I don't know if we run in each other today in this crazy NCECA world...

Enjoy!

Still here. Posting some pics.The Potters Council show is in the middle of the Venders hall. Evelyne and I worked the booth as well as Lori,Kaitlin, Dawn, Adriane, Pres, Nicole,and our new Chairperson Vicki, The show was the best yet.Saw many old friends from over the past 45 years of attending NCECA. That is always the best part. I first met Denise in Flagstaff in 1991. We go unload the wood kilns this afternoon.

My old friend from college, Marge Levy, is giving the closing address. This should be really fun and uplifting.

post-1954-0-74639900-1458396944_thumb.jpgpost-1954-0-48028800-1458396970_thumb.jpgpost-1954-0-54666700-1458397084_thumb.jpg

Marcia

post-1954-0-01376400-1458397018_thumb.jpg

post-1954-0-74639900-1458396944_thumb.jpg

post-1954-0-48028800-1458396970_thumb.jpg

post-1954-0-01376400-1458397018_thumb.jpg

post-1954-0-54666700-1458397084_thumb.jpg

Thanks Marcia for posting the pictures! It was a great and beautiful Juried Show. Everybody always wanted to pick up the ax....

Marci, Pres and Chris: did you find your copies of the fuel saving at the booth?

Adriane did a great job throughout NCECA. Thanks!

Tomorrow for me it's flying on to Albuquerque and driving to Santa Fe. Monday interview with Erik Sunbird Fender, Tuesday guided tour at the Indian Cultureal Center. If I can find time, I will drive to Santa Clara and also to Taos. You live in a wonderful land!

Evelyne

Guest JBaymore

The annual NCECA cup sale had a record number of cups:  1480.

It also raised a record amount of money for the scholarship fund: just shy of $39,000.00!   All the cups sold in less than 1/2 day.

The closing ceremonies:

gallery_1543_1159_322384.jpg

best,

..................john

ps:  just got back from gallery hopping after the emerging artists presentation, the closing address, and the 2nd members business meeting.  Beat. 

Glad to heer that about the cup sale. I donated three espresso cups.The official registratation for this year exceeded 6500.No wonder it felt crowded.

I am resting up tonight and drive 9 hours to Tupelo tomorrow to meet with Antoinette Badenhorst about courses. Unloaded and picked up my work from the kiln firings.Got some beauties.

Marcia.

Got home this morning at 2:30am. Loooonnnnnng drive. Did skip the dance on Friday night because I was tired and decided a good nights sleep would make the trip easier, so I think I will owe some folks a dance at the next NCECA I attend. Will definitely be at the 2018, Pittsburgh is in my back yard. . . . . . . . . .practically! :rolleyes:

One of the highlights for me, that I hope will continue on forever is the story night on Thursday. Since I have not been to NCECA accept for last year and this, it was a great year to hear some old stories of the "good old days". It helps me to feel more connected to what was going on during the time when teaching, family and financial obligations held a larger part of my attention. So my special thanks to the folks that have started it. . . Steven Branfman and Owen Dearing. The Potters Slam: Claystories2 is a great way to catch up, reflect, and relax after a long day of Demos, displays and pots.

best,

Pres

So the weather did not pan out so poorly for you John. I remember you were worrying about being able to fly in. My drive had very little trouble, a little rain, and not much else. Glad the car has radar controlled cruise control with lane departure warnings. Lets me concentrate more on other things like Classic Vinyl, Classic Rewind and others!

best,

Pres

Guest JBaymore

Yeah... the big multi-foot storm "fizzled"... but I still woke up this AM to 3" of snow and still snowing.

best,

.................john

I am in Saltillo , MS filming an online -course at Antionette Badenhorst's studio at TeachinArt.com

Very nice studio. The pre conference wood firings were great! Hope to wrap up video course by Sunday and finally head home.NCECA was a great 50th.saw many old friends.

Marcia

what an experience!!!   I heard of sightings of John B., Evelyne, Pres.....never actually connected.  But I did meet Marcia!  The demonstrations, the vendors, the panels, the potters, the pots!!!!!!   I am fairly certain I will be at Portland next year!!!

Roberta

Sorry we missed you Roberta, maybe next year, or maybe you will make your way to Pittsburgh in 2018-my back yard so to speak. I certainly met a lot of folks, so many that I can't even count or remember names.

best,

Pres 

Guest JBaymore

Unpinned.  It moves into the past............

Soon we'll need a "Who is going to NCECA Portlandia?" topic.  ;)

best,

............john

Archived