Sign in to follow this  
nancylee

Quick Christmas Gifts!

Hi all,

I've run out of time and run out of steam and need to make some quick Christmas gifts for my husband's family: his brother and wife, his two sisters and husbands. I need to be able to bisque tomorrow, so NO mugs! I'm so tired of mugs. I have some bird feeder ideas, but it has to be something I can trim right after throwing. Any ideas much appreciated!

BTW, they are all picky and expect expensive gifts, so as much as I'd love to give them a spoon holder, I can't. :)

http://ceramicartsdaily.org/pottery-making-techniques/wheel-throwing-techniques/pottery-video-of-the-week-how-to-make-a-one-piece-box-on-the-pottery-wheel/

He flips and trims his, but if you make the bottom thin enough, and just trim the bottom edge, once you are done throwing, you wouldn't have to.

Small sauce or dipping bowls. Sets of them, say 3 or 4 per set. Don't need to be too big but need to be the same size and shape, ideally stackable. Differ them with the glazes on each one.

My son who just moved to a humid island wanted coasters for Christmas , they are on the large size the center is  raised and unglazed so the cup won't stick to it.   The edge  has a rim  to keep sweat from  glasses from running on the table.  I quickly carved out some grooves in geometric patterns in the center to help with the moisture and add some interest.  I just used a clear glaze on the  red terracotta so they were once fired, it took me two days, I needed to get them in the mail.  I didn't want to spend a lot of time on them,  when they move back they are leaving most of there belongings there.  Denice