Urgent Help Require With New Controller

SeaTree

I had a problem withthe kin getting hot too quickly so was advised the thermocouple had broken. The manual controller was so old I have neded to replace that too. I got a ST 23300 model 2 controller and it was fitted yesterday by an electrician. However I set a prgramme today - rampping at 100 degrees an hour to 500 then 200 degrees an hour to 1020 - well I thought I had but it went up to 500 in just over an hour. Help! what am I doing wrong? Or is something still broken? Or has the electrciian done something wrong in the set up?

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to get hold of the manufacturer who ran through the programme with me and I did (amazingly) rogramme i correctly. They think the electrician has not wired it correctly. I let it run all the way to segment two which kicked in at 500 degrees.

What are 'relays'?

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to get hold of the manufacturer who ran through the programme with me and I did (amazingly) rogramme i correctly. They think the electrician has not wired it correctly. I let it run all the way to segment two which kicked in at 500 degrees.

What are 'relays'?

When you kiln is running, you will hear an occasional clicking sound; that is the sound of the relays working.  They control or monitor the flow of electricity to the elements while firing.  As they are mechanical, they can stick in open or closed positions. 

Archived