^4-6 metallic gold glaze

pixie1035

Guest HerbNorris

I'm pretty sure I have that issue... Lemme take a looksee..

Edit - I do, in fact, have that issue, where there are two Colin Fraser recipes and a Peter Beard recipe.

I am hesitant to post them though, because of copyright issues.

I wish I'd thought of that before I posted!

Here is a link to a discussion of gold metallic glaze (Reynolds Gold) from Clayart Archives.

http://www.potters.o...bject22834.htm/

I would strongly heed the advice from Ron Roy at the end.

The Clayart Archives is a wonderful source of information, including glaze recipes. Bookmark it and use it often.

Here is a link to a discussion of gold metallic glaze (Reynolds Gold) from Clayart Archives.

http://www.potters.o...bject22834.htm/

I would strongly heed the advice from Ron Roy at the end.

The Clayart Archives is a wonderful source of information, including glaze recipes. Bookmark it and use it often.

thanks for the link and the heads up... i always pay attention to what ron roy has to say!!!

I'm pretty sure I have that issue... Lemme take a looksee..

Edit - I do, in fact, have that issue, where there are two Colin Fraser recipes and a Peter Beard recipe.

I am hesitant to post them though, because of copyright issues.

I wish I'd thought of that before I posted!

no problem... i will look for that issue in my library's data bases!

• 3 weeks later...

I have had wonderful results for over 12 years at ^6 to ^ 8/9 with one of the recipes listed in Ceramic Review Issue Number 175. It's the recipe entitled Gold Pigment 1230 C to 1260 C. It's a stalwart in my stable of glazes and effects. Decorative use, not foodsafe, but ace on Wow Factor! on rims and detail. Pure Dame Lucie. If you do not have access to any archives or otherwise, email me off this forum and I'll email it to you.

• 4 years later...

hello, caro, you might have more luck reaching that particular potter by sending a private message.  if you are new, you might not know that if you click on the potters avatar, you will be directed to the profile page.  there you will see that Dinah has not been active since 2013.  she is unlikely to see this but a message sent to her will appear on her email site if it is still the same one she signed on with.  good luck.

Archived