Have a few questions about this site

Ok, so I've been on this sight for about seven months and I there are some things I haven't figured out.

1. What's up with the reputation rating? What do the numbers signify and how is it determined?

2. If you click on gallery, it will show

Photo Galleries

Member Gallery

930 images 90 comments

Ok, so I've been on this sight for about seven months and I there are some things I haven't figured out.

1. What's up with the reputation rating? What do the numbers signify and how is it determined?

2. If you click on gallery, it will show

Photo Galleries

Member Gallery

930 images 90 comments

but if you look farther down it says that there are 1009 total images. Why is that?

3. Do you have to be a member of the potters council to get help with finding a mentor?

That's it. Sorry this was a two part post. Jumped the gun, posting, by mistake:/

If you click on your avatar you go to your profile ... in the right corner there are stars with a 'user rating'. Others can rate your posts??I think this is where reputation comes from but as ever, I could be wrong!!

Yes, Mentoring is a Members Benefit of belonging to Potters Council along with a lot of others like health insurance, low FedEx rates, discounts on publications and more.

Click on the Ceramic Arts Daily link and there is a link to PC on the top right.

ALSO ... If you do post with errors, just hit the edit button within your post and it let's you easily fix it or even delete it.

If you click on your avatar you go to your profile ... in the right corner there are stars with a 'user rating'. Others can rate your posts??I think this is where reputation comes from but as ever, I could be wrong!!

Yes, Mentoring is a Members Benefit of belonging to Potters Council along with a lot of others like health insurance, low FedEx rates, discounts on publications and more.

Click on the Ceramic Arts Daily link and there is a link to PC on the top right.

ALSO ... If you do post with errors, just hit the edit button within your post and it let's you easily fix it or even delete it.

Thanks for clearifying some of that.

In regards to the gallery, when uploading photos you can make them private (not public for all) so you can send via direct message etc.

And Chris is correct in the Reputation/Rating... if you feel a particular person posts good answer you can rate the post or you can go into their personal profile and give them rating using the "Stars".

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Archived