Bisque fired to Glaze Temp...

Hi All,

Just joining in and have a problem/question...

Yep, yesterday I set a large bisque load to fire in my Paragon Viking 28...didn't pay attention to the computer setting (usually do, of course, but didn't this time) and fired to Cone 6.

Well, it's a done deal now... So...what does everyone suggest that I do with all the stuff in the kiln... I know my glazes won't adhere but surely there is something that I can do with it... I have to re-make everything because it was all going to stores, but I really don't want to throw it all away... Suggestions???

Jonni

I have to say , for years I felt that refires were just being disapointed by the same piece twice, or three times or more if i kept beating my head against the wall! But, now.... i've been doing some testing with Sodium Silicate after reading an excellent article in the 2011 Buyers Guide to the Ceramic Arts, by Richard A. Eppler with Mimi Obstler on glazes. I have used this article, especially the section on Deflocculants and Glaze fluidity, as a start to some experimenting with Sodium Silicate in my glazes. I have made two batches of glazes this way, especially for application on refires. I am quite pleased with the results so far. I suggest trying it, and test test test before risking an entire kiln load. (I know it's hard, as potters we are so optimistic sometimes, lol)

lcar

Archived