Glazing

I have 4 large pieces that I need to glaze, and they need to be "perfect" do you recommend using a paint sprayer for this? Please help, need some input. Thanks.

Yes-spraying glaze will allow you to put on an even surface. The trick here is to do it in several passes that cover the form with thin layers building up to finger nail thickness. If you have never sprayed before it needs practice, I would try it on some smaller pieces, fire and evaluate first. Be aware that spraying is very dirty if you do not use a spray booth, and you must use a proper respirator to protect yourself. I spray outside when working and always use a Osha approved respirator for the work. Others here will probably give you more tips, but this is a starting point.

I have 4 large pieces that I need to glaze, and they need to be "perfect" do you recommend using a paint sprayer for this? Please help, need some input. Thanks.

Yes-spraying glaze will allow you to put on an even surface. The trick here is to do it in several passes that cover the form with thin layers building up to finger nail thickness. If you have never sprayed before it needs practice, I would try it on some smaller pieces, fire and evaluate first. Be aware that spraying is very dirty if you do not use a spray booth, and you must use a proper respirator to protect yourself. I spray outside when working and always use a Osha approved respirator for the work. Others here will probably give you more tips, but this is a starting point.

Archived