Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'smalll'.
Found 1 result
I finally got around to trying out my own version of Marks wonderful thrown sponge holders. I used my extruder to create the walls and a slab for the base. I did two slightly different versions. The one on the left in each picture I cut the walls all the way to the base, it seemed kind of floppy and unstable, but might firm up ok once drier. The one on the right in each picture I left about a half inch lip connecting the walls, it seems a bit more stable. Not sure if I am going to need to curve the corners of the walls a bit or if the whole thing is going to warp when fired. I guess I'll see won't I! These are still in the wet stage and have them wrapped up overnight, in the morning I will unwrap and loosely drape and start the drying process. I am not going to decorate or do anything special with these as I don't want to invest too much in what could very well be a flawed design. If they both survive the kiln I will decide which I like the look of better and use that as my pattern from here on. Once that's decided I can have some fun with the decorating and texturing like I like to do.